Keto Sandwich Bread
Serves 14 Slices
- 1/4 cup almond milk, 60ml (or any milk)
- 3/4 cup + 3 1/2 tbsp warm water, 220ml
- 1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast, 5g
- 2 tsp sugar, 8g (or 2 tbsp inulin, 16g)
- 2 1/2 cups MouthwateringMotivation Keto Bread & Pastry Flour, 280g
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener (or any sweetener)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp softened butter, 30g
- 1 tbsp melted butter, 15g (for brushing)
- In a small bowl, add the milk and 3 1/2 tbsp warm water. Microwave for ~30s or until bath-water warm.
- Add the yeast and sugar and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add 1/2 of the keto flour along with the powdered monkfruit sweetener and salt. Whisk to combine
- Add 3/4 cup of warm of warm water and mix until a dough just begins to form.
- Add the yeast mixture (which should now be foamy) along with the rest of the keto flour. Stir to combine everything.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for ~2-3min in the bowl or on a greased surface. (If using a stand mixer, knead with the dough hook on a moderate setting for ~1 minute).
- After the dough is quite smooth and elastic, knead in the softened butter 1 tbsp at a time until it's fully combined and the dough is back to being smooth and elastic. (~3-4min by hand or less with a stand mixer, be careful not to over-knead the dough if using a stand mixer).
- Grease a large clean bowl with butter and place your dough in it, turning it first to coat the entire ball lightly with the butter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and set aside somewhere warm to rise for ~1 hour and 15min or until doubled in size (I microwave a cup of water for 1min then place the dough in the microwave beside the cup of warm water and shut the door).
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and place it on a lightly greased surface. Press it out into a rectangle (~9x12inches but doesn't have to be perfect). Roll it up tightly from one short side to the other. Push the ends in-ward and pinch the long edge of the dough together with the rest of the dough (do this well or it may un-ravel slightly after rising).
- Place the log of bread dough in a buttered 8x4 inch loaf pan. Brush the top of the dough lightly with more melted butter. Cover with saran wrap or a towel and let it rise again somewhere warm for ~45min or until doubled in size once more. Pre-heat your oven to 400*F towards the end of this time.
- Uncover the dough and bake on the middle rack for 3min at 400*F then turn the heat down to 375*F and continue to bake for about 30 more minutes.
- Remove the loaf immediately from the loaf pan using oven mitts and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Once fully cooled, slice into 14 thin slices and enjoy! Store in a ziplock bag at room temperature or freeze to preserve the bread for longer!