Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread
Serves: 10 thick slices
Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, 180ml
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, 21g
- 5 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener, 50g
- 2/3 cup warm milk, 150ml (whole milk, 2 % milk or almond milk all work)
- 1/4 cup keto sweetened condensed milk warmed up slightly (60g)
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp dry active yeast, 6g
- 2 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener, 24g
- 1 tsp white sugar, 4g
- 1 1/4 cups Mouthwatering Motivation Keto Bread and Pastry Flour, 250g
- 1/2 tsp salt (1 tsp if using unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter, 55g
- 3 tbsp softened butter, 45g
- 3-4 tbsp keto sweetened condensed milk, 45g - 60g
Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Add the heavy cream, butter and sweetener to a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk until the butter is melted and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for ~30 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon evenly. Whisk occasionally.
- Pour the finished sweetened condensed milk into a dish to cool at room temperature (make sure it's only warm to the touch and not hot before adding it the mixture below).
- Add the warm milk to a large bowl along with the sweetened condensed milk and an egg. Whisk these together.
- Add the yeast, white sugar and powdered monkfruit sweetener to the bowl as well. Whisk again then cover with plastic wrap for ~3min or until the yeast is foamy.
- Add the Keto Flour and salt and begin to mix everything with a spatula until a cohesive dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, greased surface and begin to knead it for about 3 minutes or just until the dough becomes more smooth and elastic and less sticky.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough out a bit, then spread the 1/4 cup softened butter on top.
- Try your best to fold the dough around the butter, then begin kneading again. It will be a bit messy but continue to knead the dough until it again becomes smooth and elastic and the butter is fully incorporated. (Use a spatula or dough scraper to collect any stuck pieces of butter/dough as you go along).
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a large buttered bowl, turning it to coat all sides with butter.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it somewhere warm to rise for ~ 1.5 hours (see tips for where I set mine).
- After the dough has risen slightly, pour it out onto a greased surface and place a large piece of greased parchment paper on top (this prevents the rolling pin from sticking). Roll the dough out into a ~9x12 rectangle, kind of like you are making cinnamon rolls.
- Roll the dough up from length to length, folding the side in as you go. Once rolled, I like to kind of press the ends in to make the roll a little shorter/thicker.
- At this point, you can also grease a loaf pan with butter.
- To make the glaze, simply melt 3 tbsp butter and mix it in a small bowl with 3-4 tbsp of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Brush some of this mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan and around the sides as well.
- Take a sharp knife and slice your bread roll into 10 pieces (as if you were slicing cinnamon rolls).
- Then tuck the rolls into the loaf pan side-by-side and brush the tops with a little more of the sweetened condensed milk glaze.
- Cover the bread with plastic wrap and let it sit somewhere warm for another 45min. During this time you can also pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- After 45min, uncover the bread and place it in the centre of the oven. Bake the bread for 3min at 350*F then reduce the temperature to 330*F and continue to bake for another 22 minutes or until a deep golden brown on top.
- Brush the baked loaf with the rest of the sweetened condensed milk mixture, let it cool for a bit, then serve! This bread can easily be pulled apart without the need for slicing. Enjoy your Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread!